After reading this hacker news article, I thought I should follow the same footsteps and create the same blog with the list of things i did not know about in 2018. In 2019 I will get (or try to get) a deep dive into all the concepts.
- Database systems seems to be a challenging part for me. I can do joins, but complex queries make my head feel dizzy. I guess may be because I am not exposed to that area much.
- I should learn to understand the balance sheet and analyze the stock. How do i understand the
Competitive Advantageof a particular company.
- Learn more about authentication systems. It helps to develop secure applications.
- Instead of learning a framework or language, try to understand why on the first place language is created. Which problem does it solve.? This helps to have a deeper understanding of the language.
- Competitive programming difficult problems. Apart from A and B in codeforces, I should try to solve C to F problems withing the contest environment. This certainly increases my rank and helps me to debug the areas which needs help. Problem was finding a problem with increasing difficulty. Have to device a method to do this.
- Learn to design a highly scalable architecture. HighScalability.com has a wide variety of resources which helps you think horizondally in this cloud era. Learning from seniors should be one of the major goals of this year.
- Grids are the new era of designing fronend web applications. Grids remove the barrier of thinking the layout just from top and left. I have look at some architectures and try to recreate in css grids. Watching the amazing talk by Jen Simmons made me try some new things in frontend part.
- Finished 5 books. Average CEO reads 40 books. Long way to go.
I will add in the list as i discover the things which i have missed.
Thanks for reading.
Have a Blasting year ahead.